Stay Connected and Protect Sensitive Ports with TetherBlock
- Keeps tether cables connected and secured to camera
- Protects expensive camera ports from damage
- Constructed from precision milled T5 aerospace aluminum alloy
- Lightweight and extremely durable
- Multiple routing channels accept thick, medium or thin cables
- Rubber non-slip pads keep the TetherBlock from moving once attached to the camera
- Additional 1/4-20″ female threads allow mounting non Arca-compatible tripod plates
Camera data ports are fragile and expensive to repair. When shooting tethered in studio or on location, a trip or tug can cause your tether cable to become dislodged or cause serious damage to your camera’s data ports. The TetherBlock is a must-have for photographers shooting tethered both handheld or using a tripod.
The TetherBlock is designed to prevent accidental removal of a cable from your camera’s data ports by snaking a USB, FireWire, or HDMI cable through one of TetherBlock’s three channels. A 1/4″-20 slotted screw attaches the plate to the camera, and can be tightened with a screwdriver or coin.
From there, either shoot handheld or attach the TetherBlock to your camera’s tripod mount and you’ll be able to shoot tethered to a computer without fear of your tethered cable becoming unplugged.
Easy to mount, the TetherBlock has a 1/4″-20 male thread to attach directly to the bottom of your camera.
The bottom of the TetherBlock features both a 1/4″-20 and a 3/8″ female tripod thread, allowing it to be mounted directly onto a tripod plate or head. If you are mating it with your tripod plate, you will be able to center your plate on the TetherBlock giving you a secure connection.
If you have an Arca-style ball head for your tripod, we recommend the TetherBlock Arca.
Constructed in the USA from a single piece of precision milled T5 aerospace aluminum alloy, the TetherBlock is extremely durable while remaining lightweight and is covered by Tether Tools Lifetime Warranty.
- Dimensions: 3.30″ x 1.75″ x 0.42″
- Male 1/4″-20 thread mounts directly to bottom of camera.
- Fits tripod mount via either a 1/4″-20 (for the tripod plate) or 3/8″ thread mount directly on tripod.
- Multiple channels accept thick, medium or thin cables
- Non-slip friction pads prevent camera twist
- Dual 1/4″-20 female accessory threads for direct connection to a 1/4″-20 mount
- Color: Graphite
- Made in the USA
- Please note that this will not work with the Real Right Stuff L Bracket
Tetherblock was developed by commercial photographer David Blattel to solve the ubiquitous problem of incurring cable and camera damage when tether cables are tripped over. Suggested Uses:
- Use with long straight-in cables, right-angle cables or right-angle adapters
- Use with shorter cables and active extensions for longer distances
- Use to secure any cables that connect to or near your camera for use in photography, video, audio, etc.
- One (1) TetherBlock in Graphite.